Sep 1, 2011

The Harvest of Grace


This is the third book in the Ada's House Series. I have only read one other one in this series, and I was impressed with it. So, when I had the opportunity to review this book for Waterbrook Publishers, I took it.

Sylvia wants to help run her family's dairy farm. Her grandfather recognized this, so he left her a house and part of the farm when he died. But things didn't go according to plan for Sylvia. Her beau, Elam, proposes. But she doesn't think she is quite ready to settle down. So he turns around and proposes to her sister, who accepts. Sylvia is hurt by this, but more so when she realizes that, even a year after the wedding, Elam still cares for her.

So Sylvia leaves. She settles on a dairy farm a couple hours ride away, by buggy. There she meets Aaron, only remaining child of the dairy farm owners. But he has his own plans for the farm. He wants to sell and move his parents into town, where he will run an appliance store.

Sylvia learns how to rely on God, whom she had walked away from. She also learns the value of family and friends.

I really enjoyed this book. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys Amish fiction. I did receive this complementary book in return for my honest review.

No comments: