Sep 29, 2011

The Wonder of Your Love


As a fan of Beth Wiseman, I was thrilled to be able to review this book. I review books for Thomas Nelson through their book review program at booksneeze.com, receiving complementary books in return for my honest review.

I enjoyed the first in the Land of Canaan Series, Seek Me with All Your Heart. This sequel is a great continuation of the story, but can also be read as a stand alone book.

----

Katie Ann is a single mother. Her husband has left her for an Englisher, and passed away before she could write him about her pregnancy. She has no immediate family, besides her in-laws. Her best friend Martha, and Englisher who visits her often, is like a second mother to her.

She meets handsome Eli at a neighbor's wedding. He is a widower, who has raised 6 kinner on his own. Although he was encouraged to remarry when his wife died seventeen years before, he has never met the right woman. Until now. But, does Eli really want to begin another family when his children are all grown, married and having children of their own?

As Katie Ann and Eli get to know each other better, they are faced with life's unending changes individually. But, they each reach out to the other through letters and phone calls, depending on each other during tears, laughter, heartache and more.

Will Katie Ann and Eli realize what those around them have seen for months? Will they learn to let go of the past and cherish the love they have been given?

---

I could not walk away from my computer after beginning this book. I downloaded the ebook and began reading. By chapter three, I was hooked. I stayed up that night reading. Beth Wiseman is one of my favorite authors, and she has kept up the great work with The Wonder of Your Love. I look forward to book #3.

1 comment:

pol said...

this story sounds so good and I want to read it, now I will be looking till I find The Wonder of your Love. Thanks for sharing your review.
Paula O