The "3 Rs" of BookCrossing...
- Read a good book (you already know how to do that)
- Register it (along with your journal comments), get a unique BCID (BookCrossing ID number), and label the book.
- Release it for someone else to read (give it to a friend, leave it on a park bench, hide it in a tree, "forget" it in a coffee shop...). You will be notified by e-mail each time someone records a journal entry for that book. If you make Release Notes on the book, others can Go Hunting for it and try to find it!
* You read a really good book and want to give it away so someone else can enjoy it to.
* Sign up at bookcrossing.com for free and register your book.
* They assign a number to your book.
* You put the number, along with the website address, in the book (you can even make labels to use!).
* Now, you leave it somewhere (you can be very creative here).
* Make a journal entry at bookcrossing.com to identify where you left the book.
* Now, you just sit back and wait.
* When someone gets your book and signs into the website to journal it, you get an email to let you know where your book is!
For more information, and my personal review on BookCrossing, click here.